**Sharon R Peterson, LCSW, CEDS has relocated from Baltimore, MD and is now in practice in the greater Atlanta, Georgia area**
Get the help you need today!
Making the decision to begin therapy is not an easy one. But it can be one of the best decisions you can make to empower yourself & move beyond unresolved issues or to help find the right path to take. Psychotherapy is a collaborative approach between a therapist and client.
As a trained clinical social worker in the mental health field, Sharon R Peterson, LCSW, CEDS, works with children ages four and up, tweens, teens, adults, and families in a private practice mental health setting, located in the the greater Atlanta area. I have been a licensed clinical social worker since 1998.
My job is to: assess and diagnose the problem, educate you about your diagnosis, connect you to other resources if necessary, and to help increase your sense of well-being. Through ongoing communication and therapeutic techniques (learning new skills) I can help you change your behavior, improve your overall mental health, and improve communication between you and your family, school and environment.
I have over 20 years experience as a general clinician but I also
specialize in the following:
- Child & Adolescent Transition- including decreased academic performance, behavior problems, mood changes, social problems, drug/alcohol experimentation and addictions, improving family communication and helping to support parents by improving their parenting skills.
- Eating Disorders- including binge eating disorder (BED), bulimia, anorexia, compulsive overeating, chronic dieting, chronic cycling of weight gain/weight loss, and disordered eating patterns including orthorexia.
- Mood & Anxiety Disorders- including depression, anxiety, and mood disregulation.
- Addiction & Addictive Behaviors- Including chemical abuse/dependency, dual diagnosis, compulsive shopping, smoking, video gaming, computer addiction, compulsive overeating, and relapse prevention.
- Women's Issues- including grief/loss of a child, miscarriage, sexual abuse, trauma, and being in an abusive relationship.
My office is centrally located in Sandy Springs, about 2 miles from the 285 beltway. There is plenty of free parking.
Psychotherapy Services of Greater Atlanta
333 Sandy Springs Circle / Suite 127 / Atlanta, GA 30328